Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Another walmart related rant

  1. #31
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCAS_712</div><div class="ubbcode-body">white trash </div></div>

    should that word be offensive to us?
    I was watching the classic SNL skit with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor and it got me thinking. Is there a racial slur for a white person that actually offends us?

    I mean I've had black friends call me cracker before and I just kinda laughed it off.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    That skit is a classic and really pushed the envelope when they did it .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  3. #33
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    if a slur offends a person then that person must think of themselves as being whatever the word or phrase is. thats my opinon
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    enjoy


    dont watch if your sensitive.


    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qqpaQCl144w
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they must have been from appalachia. </div></div>
    If they were really from Appalachia then they must have been some of the ones who wanted to get rid of the library just so they could be a "Bulldog" lol just classic all I can say
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCAS_712</div><div class="ubbcode-body">white trash </div></div>

    should that word be offensive to us?
    I was watching the classic SNL skit with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor and it got me thinking. Is there a racial slur for a white person that actually offends us?

    I mean I've had black friends call me cracker before and I just kinda laughed it off. </div></div>


    I dont get offended by slurs of any kind. But when people want to make fun of mountian folks and you live in the mountains then GTF out.

    Not pointed at you Dane just the Idiot that posted about folks from the mountain doing some shopping.
    GO VOLS

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    You already made your jab at that poster . Folks can clearly see that.I have zero doubt that the aforementioned poster doesn't give a tinker's damn whether you like them or not. Why beat the dead horse so to speak? I have friends that live in Miami that aren't crazy about Cubans dominating their neighborhood, but they have to deal with it. Sometimes circumstances pretty much put you where you live.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #38
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    I don't think too many of us can make too much fun of most 'mountain folks' but as redneck as I may be at times, there are people around here that shouldn't be allowed in public. It has nothing to do with mountains, as much as it does lack of education, decency or the ability to realize that not cleaning yourself but the Saturday night bath, doesn't really cut it too much.

    I understand that some people are strapped, but you ever notice that the most 'strapped' people, who can't afford to wipe their butts unless someone buys them toilet paper, always have money for cigarettes, beer, lottery tickets, the tabloids or some electronic equipment that would make a tech geek jealous.

    It's not the people who can't do better that bother people, its the ones who could do better and don't. The people who don't have an extra dime at the end of the month will work hard, find ways to pay their bills, find ways to take care of their family, and provide. Maybe their kids won't be at school with the nicest clothes, but they will not be scuzzy. It's the ones who think everything is handed to them, who don't care what their kids do, say or look like.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    I do love this area personally, but sometimes when I see things around here, I very much see why folks upstate and out of area giggle at us. Need some examples? Look at the retarded local commercials that we see, or how about some of the folks that you see being interviewed on the local news (where in the heck are they getting them from?). To say that you don't occasionally shake your head at some of it sometimes is hard to believe IMO (for anybody). That (along with the stubborn resistance to change, even if it means vast improvements, but that's another can 'o worms) is alot of the negative. The positive? MOST folks around here are some of the most friendly, honest, hard-working, well-mannered people that you will ever meet. Like anywhere else, this place has its goods and bads.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #40
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another walmart related rant

    Very good post. It's not like that just in the mountains either. I don't consider where I'm at "the mountains" like where I grew up, but we definitely have those types here too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •